NSM - Heidelberg University




We welcomed a group from Heidelberg University!

The group came for one night arriving on Sunday afternoon 10/13/19 and left late in the afternoon on Monday 10/14/19.  The group helped serve dinner at the DZ@6 at the Zion Lutheran Church and served at our breakfast program on Monday morning.  Monday afternoon they toured the Wooster Hope center.  Afterward, they toured "180" and heard about all of their services and career opportunities.  The group was a Psychology Class at the University.  They were looking to find out about different career paths and to understand homeless issues.

Education segments included:  Anthony Taylor, Medication Assistant Treatment Coordinator for the State of Ohio on Sunday afternoon.  He talked a lot about drug issues and career opportunities.  Monday after breakfast, John & Sue Muskopf talked to them about our breakfast program.

Click here to see photos

We at North Street Mission want groups to have a meaningful week and hope that they continue to go on mission trips in the future.  Part of this process involves getting feedback from the groups.  Here is a summary of the feedback from the Heidelberg University group:

1.  I think the breakfast program very influential.  It was great to see how it ran so smoothly and affected so many people.

2.  I just want to step up more and be a service to people that's within my capabilities.

3.  I plan on discussing Tiffin's response to the homeless with friends and neighbors.

4.  I will use my experience here to better understand some of my clients when I work as a caseworker.

5.  It was crazy just seeing people affected by this so close to where I live (Millersburg).  I had a conversation with one guy about the town I live in and it blows my mind that this problem is so prevalent and close to home but I didn't know about it!

6.  I can take what I've learned and transfer it to my home city (Lima, Ohio) and I can use the information and resources to help with multiple different situations (with people in need).

7.    Being with the homeless and talking with them really changed my perspective because they were really polite and pleasant.

8.  In general, I will be more appreciative and grateful.  Also, since I am going into some psychology profession I may be encountering people who are homeless and this was a great way to become familiar with them and be around them.



North Street Mission
150 E. North St.
Wooster, Ohio  44691



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ghana Mission Trip